Psycho and Needy Are Not Cool
Are you one of the needy, obsessive women that men avoid? Are you the girl that goes psycho if he doesn’t text you back within a certain time frame? Dating a needy woman can be very frustrating for men, and the moment they see your first sign of neediness, they´re quick to run away, well 9 times out of 10 at least in my experience.
A friend once told me, in a very exhausted and emotional manner, that there were plenty of men who pursued her, but they all were quick to disappear. Why?
In a nutshell, a needy woman is someone who will do everything and anything to please a man, and because she gives everything, she requires the man to reciprocate it. She’s too afraid to lose him, she can´t be happy without him.
Men are happy to receive. The more they can get away with, the better. But the moment you require them to give back as much as you give, or the moment you complain that you give more than he does, they´ll see you as needy and consider you psycho. They´ll lose respect, and they´ll lose interest on you.
So, here are the top 10 traits of needy women. If you nod your head to at least 5 of these, or think ‘that’s me’ then re-assess yourself and stop the neediness.
- You get jealous easily. Even if your boyfriend is just checking out the Porsche across the street, you freak out, accusing him of ogling other girls.
- It’s never too close. As you and your boyfriend´s relationship progresses, you complain that you two aren’t close enough. “Can we just be … closer?”
- You always have fear of losing him. You´re not taking any risk, no woman can steal him from you, because you´re his fence.
- You give up your routine when you were single in order to accommodate him. If you were doing yoga every after work, you´ll stop doing yoga so you can be with him.
- You tolerate disrespect. If he cancels your date at the last minute, you´re so willing to do it tomorrow, same time. If he´s late on your date for over 30 minutes, you´re willing to wait a little longer even if your eye liner´s already running.
- You freak out if he doesn´t answer your texts, calls or emails right away. You can’t handle waiting to hear from him, or obsessing over what he is or isn’t doing.
- You constantly need reassurance. You keep asking him if he loves you, if he finds you attractive, or if he´s happy with you.
- You lose your friends for him.
- You want to change who he is. This is the opposite of the needy woman who drops her identity on a whim, because in this case, you want to change him to suit your need.
- You talk about marriage, children and a future with him too soon.
Ladies, seriously. Be you, do you, for you EVEN when you’re in a relationship. There’s nothing sexier than a girl who’s independent, confident and leads her own life.